Michael and Lucien are back with a new episode of The 99%, ready to discuss the latest political happenings in Ireland and abroad!
– The UK are having an election next week, and Jeremy Corbyn is catching up with the Torys.
– Trump takes America out of the Paris Climate Agreement, because he hates the planet.
– House of Cards’ new season is here, and Mike’s watching The West Wing now (to Lucien’s delight).
– The coypu is invading Ireland’s rivers, and we must all be vigilant!
– The Fine Gael leadership contest is over, and Leo Varadkar is Ireland’s next Taoiseach! Michael recaps the debate he attended, and we discuss the differences between Varadkar and his opponent, Simon Coveney.
Michael and Lucien are back with a new episode of The 99%, and we survived the cold, dark winter!
– Fine Gael leadership contest: will Leo or Simon make the better Taoiseach?
– Tom Perez is elected DNC chairman. Yay for the establishment…
– POTUS 45’s first few weeks: the Muslim ban, the Supreme Court pick and more heinous behaviour from the leader of the free world.
– Enda Kenny prepares to visit the White House. We expect the worst.
– A brief word on Fianna Fail’s recruitment of Stephen Donnelly.
– Oscars 2017: Lucien wins money on Moonlight, but we love La La Land too.
– Some podcast recommendations: NPR Politics, Pod Save America and more.
Join Lucien and Michael for a special episode recapping the 2016 Presidential Election, from the debates and primaries to Donald Trump’s victory earlier this week.
– Clinton and Obama graciously concede to Trump… and save the stock market.
– We question the Irish government’s sycophantic congratulation of Trump.
– Aaron Sorkin pens a letter to his daughter in the wake of the election.
– Lucien reveals his Heroes (Sanders, Khan) and Villains (Cruz, Fallon) of the election.
– Are there any silver linings to Trump’s win? We discuss a few theories.
Thanks for following our election coverage over the past 16 months. Stay tuned in the coming months for episodes focused on President Obama’s legacy and Trump’s inauguration, plus much more from international politics and culture.
Michael and Lucien are back to examine the outcome of the 2016 US Presidential Election. As Donald Trump defeats Hillary Clinton, horrifying the world and sending the US into four years of unpredictable political chaos, we take a brief look at how the election ended this way. Stay tuned for a more comprehensive overview in the coming days.
Lucien and Michael are joined by guest Barra Convery for a roundup of the latest US Election news.
– Trump boasts about sexually assaulting women in a leaked audio recording.
– Mike Pence and Tim Kaine face off in an unremarkable VP debate.
– Clinton and Trump’s second Presidential Debate is significantly more exciting. Ken Bone is a breakout star (with a scandal!).
– 23 days until Election Day. Prepare for some fantastic coverage of the campaign’s final weeks!
Lucien and Michael are back with another US Election special update!
– We’re joined by Shane Kelly to analyse the first Presidential Debate between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton.
– Donald sniffles and tells a lot of lies, while Hillary performs a funky shoulder-shimmy.
– Donald’s late-night tweeting is getting worse. Can’t his kids arrange an intervention?
– Tim Kaine and Mike Pence will go head-to-head in this week’s Vice Presidential Debate. We’re not that excited…
– Alec Baldwin makes his SNL debut as Trump… and it’s hilarious.
– We review the second episode of ABC’s “Designated Survivor”.
Tune in soon for more great Election coverage from The 99%!
Lucien and Michael host a special podcast providing an update on the US Election in our absence from weekly episodes.
– US citizen/unregistered voter Darragh joins us to discuss the current state of the campaign.
– Hillary got pneumonia and collapsed on 9/11… but she got over it.
– George HW Bush says he’ll vote for Hillary.
– Joss Whedon directs an anti-Trump PSA featuring a ton of famous faces.
– Lucien reveals his Halloween costume idea.
– We recommend the new TV show “Designated Survivor”, starring Kiefer Sutherland. Now available on Netflix IE.
We’ll be back soon with more Election coverage. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for the latest news.
Michael and Lucien are back with Episode 16 of The 99% Podcast!
– Apple reveal the iPhone 7, wireless earphones and several other obscenely-overpriced new products.
– Ted Cruz defends the internet from ICANN and Russia. If heCANN, anyoneCANN.
– Stephen Donnelly leaves the Social Democrats and John Halligan causes trouble within the minority government.
– Shane Barbera, the talented animator behind web-series “Bernie Sand Wars”, speaks to us about his work and the current state of politics in the US and beyond! Help fund 3 more episodes of BSW at gofundme.com/berniesandwars
– Kevin Spacey Film of the Week is a peculiar Chinese action-comedy we found in a bargain bin.
– Lucien names-and-shames the TDs who voted against a ban on cruel Hare coursing earlier this summer.
Michael and Lucien are back with the fifteenth episode of The 99% Podcast.
– We pay tribute to the late, great Gene Wilder and hear from one of Willy Wonka’s original Oompa Loompas: legendary actor Rusty Goffe, who has also appeared in Star Wars and Harry Potter.
– In the absence of Trump and Hillary news, we discuss Jill Stein’s attempt to politicise Harambe.
– Apple are ordered to pay Ireland the tax they owe us. Ireland says “Nah”.
– Dire Straits’ “Brothers in Arms” is our Classic Album, and Margin Call is Kevin Spacey Film of the Week.
– There’s trouble afoot in Oberstown Youth Detention Centre.
Michael and Lucien are back with the fourteenth episode of The 99% Podcast!
– We’re joined by Michael Purcell, a former teacher of ours with whom we discuss all aspects of the education system and the teaching profession.
– Hillary Clinton launches her own podcast, but she’s too busy to appear on every episode.
– Just when the thought the Trump campaign couldn’t get any worse, Nigel Farage joins in on the fun!
– David Fincher’s Se7en is our Kevin Spacey Film of the Week.
– RTÉ use 9/11 footage to promote the license fee– is this ethical advertising?
– Our Classic Album is MIKA’s “Life In Cartoon Motion”.